Sunday, April 12, 2009

Angry Again analysis

Another band that is grossly overlooked in the lyrical department is the band Megadeth. Usually associated with thrash metal and usually ignored as artistic due to its almost comically heavy name, lyricist Dave Mustaine makes a valiant effort to make sure that strong lyric have a place in heavy metal. The song "Angry Again" is about the singer sliding back into being enraged again. The verse "The more of you that I inspect The more of me I see reflect The more I try to read your lips The more the mask you're wearing rips" gives you the image of a mask on someone's face ripping and in actuality the metaphorical mask they are wearing coming off and their true colors being shown. The chorus line goes as follows "Engaged in crime I grasp my throat, enraged my mind starts to smoke, enforced a mental overload, angry again angry again angry ow" These lines uses imagery to appeal to the senses and make you see and picture what he says he is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment